Welcome to Pia Wadjarri Remote Community School
Live in Country, Learn Language, Respect Elders
Welcome to the Pia Wadjarri Remote Community School.
Our beautiful little school is set in a unique natural environment surrounded by sandalwood trees, rocky ridges and prominences, and culturally significant caves, in an ‘Ancient land under brilliant skies.’ right in the middle of the Murchison Shire, in Western Australia.
Our moto “Live in Country, Learn Language and Respect Elders” epitomises the goal and vision of our school, to have a community centred, whole school focus. The Pia Wadjarri Aboriginal Community plays a significant role in the direction taken by our school. This includes teaching the local dialect of Wadjarri in our classrooms by community members and elders, supported by teachers.
Our Goal for students is that they all experience a positive school environment which prepares students for the real world as independently literate and numerate learners.
We hold high expectations for staff and students and encourage staff to engage in on-going professional learning based on current research and up to data technology, to ensure they have the skills to maximise student learning and engagement.
Staff are encouraged to be creative and innovative, sharing their ideas and expertise with others and taking up distributed leadership roles.
Our unique school’s strengths include:
- Peaceful and quiet living environment.
- Well-resourced facilities and equipment.
- Beautifully maintained grounds with sustainable edible gardens.
- Up to date technology resources.
- Fantastic, fun loving students who care about one another.
- Close community ties.
- Culturally diverse experiences extended to students.
- Individualised educational programs which meet the needs of students.
- All teachers know each and every student.
- Low teacher - student ratios.
- Experienced, caring and committed teaching and support staff.
- Natural beauty with interesting sites and surroundings including water holes, caves, rugged hills, seasonal running rivers.
Please feel free to explore our school community website. We hope you enjoy reading our latest newsletters and viewing our integrated links to our videos and school Facebook page. We hope that it gives you an insight into all that our school has to offer. We would love to hear from you.
The best way to really appreciate our unique school though is to come and visit us!
Please call us to make an appointment, we would love you to visit or perhaps we could visit you! We are always looking to develop new and exciting networks and partnerships.
No Upcoming Events
Term 1 Mon 4 February - Fri 12 April
Term 2 Mon 29 April - Fri 5 July
Term 3 Mon 22 July - Fri 27 September
Term 4 Mon 14 October - Thu 19 December